- Department Profile
- Teaching staff
- Books Published
- Departmental Activities
The Department of History was founded with the establishment of Matoshree Sumati Chintamani College of Arts and Commerce in 2008. At present there are two well qualified faculty members. The Department offers Bachelor of Arts course. The faculty always encourage the students to participate in seminars, and other extra and co-curricular activities. The department always guide students to clear competitive examinations like UGC NET/SET and Civil Service Examination etc. Department organizes study tour. Department also celebrates Birth and Death Anniverseries of various famous Indian Persnalities. Department taking efforts to develop ethics, qualities required for good citizen of India among students.
To become a well known center for Reasearch in upcoming years by providing self-learning and self assessment through adopting technology-intensive education system.
- Research activities in the department would be strengthened.
- To increase the research approch we would make the maximum use of the computers in the teaching and research activities.
- To explain various topics using PPt model.
- To promote participatory method of learning like seminars, quiz competitions, group discussion, open discussions to train students.
- To increase the use of modern technology like LCD projector and internet etc. for teaching.
- The department plans to subscribe the referred journals relevant to the subject. Audio-visual teaching aids and internet would be used for class room instruction.
Class-room teaching is complemented with a wide range of co-curricular activities, where students work under the supervision of teachers, however with considerable freedom and initiative. The balance between freedom and responsibility is maintained.
- To increase research attitude in the students.
- To prepare students for different types of career.
- To acquaint students with the past and present of India and the World.
- To know and understand the Indian society, economy, polity, and culture through a historical perspective among students.
- To develop innovative & creative thinking among the students through various trainings in soft skill, computing skill & certificate courses.
- To develop social awareness among students.
- To encoruge girl students pursuing higher education/research.
- To offer various online, offline certificate courses and computer literacy for attaining global competency.
|Sr. No.||Name||Designation||Experience||Subject Taught|
|1||Mr. Nivrutti Palle||Assistant Professor||2008 to 2018||History-I, History-II, History-VII,VIII,IX|
|2||Mr. Sramik Kharat||HOD & Assistant Professor||2011 to 2019||History-III, History-IV,V,VI|
|3||Mrs. Jaylaxmi Mane||Assistant Professor||2018-19||History-III, History-IV,V,VI|
|4||Mrs. Sweta Mujumdar||HOD & Assistant Professor||2019-20||History-III, History-IV,V,VI|
|5||Mr. Anant Gharat||HOD & Assistant Professor||2019- Till Date||History-I, History-II, History-VII,VIII,IX|
|6||Mr. Vaibhav Borade||Assistant Professor||2020- Till Date||History-III, History-IV,V,VI|