Anti-Ragging Committee is constituted as per the guidelines of the University of Mumbai
(Circular No.WDC/VCD/240 of 2008).
- Action against the RaggingMaharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1999, which is in
effect from 15th May 1999. Following actions against Ragging are provided in the act:
- Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited.
- Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in. abets or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution, shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend to ten thousand Rupees.
- Whenever any student or as the case may be, the parent or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complains in writing of ragging to the head of the educational institution, the head of that Educational institution shall without prejudice to the foregoing provisions within seven days of the receipt of the complaint, enquire into the matter mentioned in the complaint. If prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student
who is accused of the offense, and shall immediately forward the complaint to the Police Station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated,
for further action. Where, on inquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is proved that there is no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received under subsection
(1) he shall intimate the fact in writing to the complainant. The decision of the head of the Educational institution in the complaint about the ragging shall be final.
- If the head of the Educational institution fails or neglects to take action in the manner specified in under the Act when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offense of ragging and shall, on conviction, be punished as provided under the Act.
- Any Act or its amendment which may be published from time to time or judgments by Hon. Supreme Court of India, Hon. High Court of Bombay etc. will be applicable to candidates and institutions covered under the rule of administration.
|2||Prof. Sagar Mohite||Incharge|
|3||Dr. Snehal Deshmukh||Member|
|4||Prof. Vaibhav Borade||Member|
|6||Mr. Vikas Ghare||Member|